SEJ Wrap-Up: Optimize Your Google Analytics & AdWords Productivity by @megcabrera
This is the wrap-up of the most popular posts and announcements on SEJ over the previous week. Newsletter subscribers are the first to receive this and other updates.
Advanced Google Analytics Made Easy
Despite the fact that over 26 million site owners use Google Analytics, most webmasters see the basic graphs and stats and never dig any deeper.This is a shame because there are some really useful advanced features, and in this week’s top post Neil Patel shows you what they are.
Although these tips are advanced, they aren’t complicated to implement or use. Patel breaks them down step by step in this post, so you can immediately start using as many of them as you find useful. Read the full post here.
Write AdWords Ads in 20 Minutes
When optimizing campaigns, AdWords advertisers tend to do a little bit of everything — this results in the advertiser struggling to get to the parts that become fruitful. If you optimize your ad groups one by one and go through everything at the same time, you’d be looking at 8-10 tasks at 2-5 minutes for each task.
In another of this week’s top posts, SEJ Contributor Andrew Lolk shares the workflow he personally uses to writes professional AdWords ads in as little as 20 minutes. Read the full post here.
Popular Search Marketing Posts
Here is a rundown of the most popular posts on SEJ from last week:
- 6 Advanced Google Analytics Tips That All Site Owners Should Know, by Neil Patel
- 10 of the Craziest Content Marketing Mishaps, by Julia McCoy
- The 20 Minute Road to Writing AdWords Ads Like the Pros, by Andrew Lolk
- 10 Tips for Effective SEO Copywriting, by Matt Secrist
- Build Links Using Data-Driven Content & Blogger Outreach, by Loren Baker / [Ad] Five Elements Your Website Must Have to Increase Sales, by SEJ AdNouncements
- SEO 101: Local SEO Stats You Need to Consider for Your Strategy, by Tamara Weintraub
- Google Introduces the Accelerated Mobile Pages Project, by Matt Southern
- Be a Better Copywriter: 7 Lessons From 4 Legendary Books, by Neil Patel
- 3 Fixes When Google’s Autocomplete Drags Your Name Through the Mud, by Jean Dion
- 10 Brands Who Got Weird to Achieve Their Marketing Goals, by Albert Costill
Download This Week’s Episode of Marketing Nerds
In this week’s episode of the Marketing Nerds podcast, Jay Baer, who is a world renowned speaker and author of the best selling book Youtility, joins us to talk about a very important topic around embracing customer complaints through social media, which is also the topic of his next book, Hug Your Haters. Listen to the full episode, or download the MP3 here.