Web Development Reading List #116: Chakra, Credential Leaks and What Makes a Function Asynchronous
What’s happening within the trade? What new strategies have emerged lately? What insights, instruments, suggestions and tips is the online design group speaking about? Anselm Hannemann1 is gathering every thing that popped up over the past week in his web development reading list2 so that you just don’t miss out on something. The result’s a rigorously curated checklist of articles and sources which might be price taking a nearer have a look at. — Ed.
You in all probability haven’t purchased your Christmas presents but. Normally we really feel the necessity to purchase a present for associates and household. It typically lets us purchase random stuff that’s typically of no actual worth. Turning this round, I began to benefit from the night with a hand-made dinner, small hand-made items and sufficient time for the family members. To date, this labored manner higher than any present I’ve ever purchased in a retailer. So don’t stress your self in case you haven’t discovered something but — time, consideration and doing issues collectively may also be a nice present. Have a good weekend!
- Mozilla simply introduced this week that they will stop developing Firefox OS4 for Smartphones. It’s unhappy to listen to the information since Firefox OS has introduced us many new internet know-how APIs but it surely’s additionally comprehensible that it had no alternative probabilities among the many large gamers.
Ideas & Design Link
- There are such a lot of issues to handle nowadays that we generally are usually not conscious how a lot impression one thing has. However we should really not underestimate the leak of credentials10. An article explains the worst issues that may simply occur, how extreme it’s, and what you must do if it occurred to you.
CSS / Sass Link
Work & Life Link
And with that I’ll shut for this week. Should you like what I write every week, please support me with a donation19 or share this useful resource with different individuals. You may be taught extra about the costs of the project here20. It’s accessible through e-mail, RSS and on-line.
Thanks and all the very best,
- 1 /author/anselm-hannemann/?rel=author
- 2 https://wdrl.info/
- 3 https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2015/12/05/open-source-chakra-core/
- 4 http://techcrunch.com/2015/12/08/mozilla-will-stop-developing-and-selling-firefox-os-smartphones/
- 5 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/chakra-kangax-opt.png
- 6 https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2015/12/05/open-source-chakra-core/
- 7 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/chakra-kangax-opt.png
- 8 https://www.phptoday.org/php7
- 9 http://tubikstudio.com/iconic-simplicity-the-vital-role-of-icons/
- 10 https://github.com/ChALkeR/notes/blob/master/Do-not-underestimate-credentials-leaks.md
- 11 http://bytearcher.com/articles/does-taking-a-callback-make-a-function-asynchronous/
- 12 https://github.com/IonicaBizau/gridly
- 13 http://daverupert.com/2015/12/intrinsic-placeholders-with-picture/
- 14 http://practice.typekit.com/lesson/caring-about-opentype-features/
- 15 http://blog.offscreenmag.com/post/134649108556/take-your-conscience-to-work
- 16 https://the-pastry-box-project.net/corey-vilhauer/2015-december-5
- 17 https://www.facebook.com/notes/arnold-schwarzenegger/i-dont-give-a-if-we-agree-about-climate-change/10153855713574658
- 18 http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/12/03/upshot/what-you-can-do-about-climate-change.html?_r=0
- 19 https://wdrl.info/donate
- 20 https://wdrl.info/costs/
Depart a Remark
Yay! You’ve got determined to go away a remark. That is incredible! Please take into account that all fields are necessary, feedback are moderated and
rel="nofollow" is in use. So, please don’t use a spammy key phrase or a area as your title, or else it is going to be deleted. Let’s have a private and significant dialog as an alternative. Thanks for dropping by!